EWCC is run by its members on a voluntary basis – everyone can contribute to our active community. Don’t be put off by the words “governance” and “committee” – EWCC only exists because of all of us, and it needs people to organise stuff and ride together. 🙂
The club is governed by a committee that is elected at the annual general meeting. The committee has responsibility for the management of the Club, its funds, property and affairs.
The club committee meetings are open to all club members – everybody is encouraged to come along on every second Monday of the month at 7.30 pm to discuss and agree on any activities affecting the club, such as as road races, time trials, audaxes, EWCC academy items, social event organisation, membership applications, finances, provision of training and coaching sessions, British Cycling matters, and any other item that’s currently a hot topic for the club members.
The standard agenda is shown below, and the venue will be announced on facebook closer to the day depending on availability.
|1||Apologies for absence|
|2||Approval of the minutes from previous meeting|
|3||Matters arising (from the above)|
|7||CTT (time trials) report|
|8||BC (road race) report|
|10||Date of next meeting|
|11||AOB (any other business)*|
*AOB will be brought forward at the discretion of the Chair. Please email ku.oc1550861326.srel1550861326eehwr1550861326etexe1550861326@ofni1550861326 with items you wish to bring forward for discussion.
- The members will elect a committee including a chair, treasurer and secretary to serve until the next AGM;
- The treasurer will produce accounts of the club for the latest financial year audited as the committee shall decide;
- The committee will present a report on the club’s activities since the previous AGM;
- The members will appoint a suitable person to audit the accounts;
- The members will discuss and vote on any resolution (whether about policy or to change the rules) and deal with any other business put to the meeting.