**All club rides are currently suspended due to COVID19 restrictions.**
EWCC Sunday Club Runs during the COVID-19 pandemic
The Sunday Club Runs are our main club rides. They are a steady social and training ride designed to accommodate mixed abilities from the sportive rider through to elite racers. All through the year there will be the no-drop ‘core club run’, of about 50 miles over typical undulating/hilly Devon routes, run at about 16-18mph average.
Following the latest British Cycling guidance on club rides, groups of up to 6 are allowed to ride together under the 1m+ rule, with appropriate mitigation (being outdoors, not facing each other).
As of 09 August 2020, we will therefore resume the EWCC Sunday Club runs under the following guidelines:
- Only EWCC members are allowed to join the club run.
- Riders will meet just before 9 am at the Devon County Council car park (off Topsham Road) to enable sufficient space for socially distanced group coordination.
- Riders are keeping 1 meter distance between each other at all times (while stopping and riding).
- Riders will form groups of no more than 6 people (of similar ability wherever possible).
- Before setting off, 1 member of the group MUST fill in the club’s online registration form to provide contact details of all group members (name, contact number & postcode) to enable track and trace if required up to 3 weeks after ride) OR all group members MUST use the NHS track and trace app.
- The fastest group sets off first to avoid mixing of groups on the road. We then allow time gaps between groups of at least 3 minutes to allow traffic to overtake easily and safely.
- All groups are riding at a pace that enables them to stay together with a supportive no-drop attitude.
- Individuals dropping back to the next group will not be feasible. If a group member decided to drop off they must be prepared to ride home by themselves.
- Groups will be riding in formation (two-abreast), singling out as necessary.
- On longer hills the group might be allowed to split up, but will regroup at the top.
If you are planning of joining us on a club run for the first time but are unsure of the standard required our reckoning is if you can complete a 30 – 40 mile solo ride at 15 – 17 mph you will be ok. Please let us know when you arrive if it is your first club run.
The Sunday club ride is a non competitive ride and all riders who join the ride should be familiar with the Wheelers guide to riding in a group. Please adhere to these guidelines or you may be asked to ride independently.
Sunday Club Run – Route Details
All of the clubs routes are now available via the links below (in alphabetic order). See the route schedule for information on the current planned rides.