Exeter Wheelers Club Rides
The Exeter Wheelers organise regular social and training rides, including our
- Wednesday night rides (~25 miles hilly social ride at the pace of the slwoest rider);
- Thursday evening race training rides (swift tempo rides in the winter, even swifter chain gang exercise in the summer).
- Saturday Social rides (20-40 miles, the shorter the hillier; no drop ride at the pace of the slowest rider);
- Sunday Club Runs (social ride, weekly throughout the year; 1-3 groups averaging 16 – 22 mph);
These rides are targeted towards racing and sporting cyclists (defined as who are looking to push their physical abilities and boundaries by going further and faster than they have previously done). They happen year round and vary through the year to reflect differing training intensities required through the racing and off seasons.
Usually, we are operating a maximum group size of 14 riders. This means some rides are split into mixed ability groups where necessary. Please follow the advice of your ride leaders as to which group to depart with on our rides.
All riders who join any of our rides should be familiar with the Wheelers guide to riding in a group.
- All riders ride at their own risk.
- The ride descriptions are for guidance only and may vary according to weather and road conditions
The EWCC rides will follow the latest British Cycling guidance and we expect all indviduals to adhere to these guidelines when taking part in club rides.